Welcome to DreamFilmz Modeling Hub where we give you the best tips on grooming, style, fitness, and the modeling life now if you're new to our blog then donât forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you won't miss anything new whenever we update more on modeling and acting tips.
And in this article, we're going to talk about how to look good in photos for men. So there are a couple of tips that you can do to take better photos.
1. Now number one is to understand the light. The light is the most important thing when it comes to taking photos. Like if you are standing in front of a big window, and then light comes in and everything is clear but you have to make sure that there is no shadow on your face while taking the photograph. Always face the window and light should fall on your face and not on the camera lens.
When you're indoor stand in front of the window where the light is better now if you're outdoor it's better to try and take the photos in the shade because the sunlight is not so strong in your face and the light is a lot better you never take photos in direct sunlight because you'll get all these kind of shadows here and in your face and that really looks terrible so what you want to do is take photos when the Sun is at the back of your head and not in front of you.
2. The second tip is to work on your grooming and enhance your style quotient. With the right grooming and the right styling, it's just a little bit of effort but you can look so much better in photos. Now learning about your type of style is another piece of work you have to grind upon.
3. Tip number three is to work on your posture and the angles together. What do I mean is that it depends on the fact if you're a bigger guy and got a lot of muscles or if you're a slim and skinny guy. Now letâs say if you're big guy then I would say you want to have this posture of really bringing these shoulders a little bit back and standing up straight.
You have to learn to master your posing with your face and your shoulders and your chest. That means everything goes together, they work together as a team. So it's really good to look straight into the camera but also the angles of your face.
Look a little bit down and a little bit up especially if you look in faraway direction.
But if you're a skinny guy then what you want to do is you can move a lot more than the bigger guys and you won't look strange you can try all these kind of interesting and different angles. You can even bring the hands up and you can play around and you can do everything that's kind of weird and interesting and fits in with you. If you look straight to the camera sometimes it's better to tilt your head a little bit down like the reference picture and to the side - or this way you can play around with the angles and find out what works best with your face type and your body type that's something that you have to work upon.
4. The fourth tip is to work on your facial expressions. Some guys look good by being very friendly and smiley and everything is just all good and some guys look better when they are more serious but even though you have these expressions there's a lot that you can do with your eyes. So you can try with some of these expressions. Let's start with the basic ones where it's kind of a cool look. Right, so what you want to think about while you do this poise is just thinking about something that looks really cool, or maybe you can use your imagination.
So you look somewhere and you're more serious right but now you play up your eyes so you make your eyes stronger so you do this you see the difference in how your eyes do the magic and change your look.
So you can play around with your eyes a lot to give a better impression. If you look friendly, you do the same thing you just smile a little bit and look at the camera but don't always look at the camera look away a little bit sometimes. You know and just be friendly and think about things that make you happy and that's how you have these facial expressions that are natural. Because it is how you are and that's what you want to do. You can try to look somewhere other than in the camera and think about things that make you happy even if that's food or your pet. For me sometimes I think about my family that I miss back home because doing modeling you have to travel a lot in foreign countries and I don't see my family a lot so I think about them sometimes and it makes me happy. Being happy never goes out of style but use the expressions that work the best with you, with your face type with your kind of look alright.
5. Alright my fifth tip is editing. You can edit your pictures to make it look a little bit better.
You can use apps like after-light and face-tune and that kind of stuff. Just download the app and you can edit it but don't go just crazy about editing only. You know it needs to look natural as well. I mean there's a lot of fake stuff out there that's just fake and you know that people trying to be someone who they're not and you want people to like your photos or like your picture but it doesn't even look like you. That would be a disaster.
So always keep it nice and keep it natural. So your focus while editing should be to make it more natural and not the otherwise.
6. Letâs go-to tip number six. If someone else is taking the picture, you should ask them to count it down. You know why?
Because sometimes there's someone who wants to take the picture and you guys are ready and they did your standing and visit the focusing and they're just figuring it out but you are waiting and then when you have your facial expressions ready and then with time you lose your facial expression. It is like you know those pageants when the girls start out and they smile and it looks nice and natural, right? But after a while, they get tired and you can see when the natural drops to being the abnormal and weird and the same thing happens with the natural smiling and then it's this kind of weird face so that is what happens if you don't ask someone to tell you the exact moment when they take the picture so when they take the picture they have to say the âcheeseâ at the right moment.
7. The seventh tip should be about the background.
The background is so important it needs to fit in with your style.
The background is a very important factor in modeling. Interesting background can show people who you really are and what the best things about your personality are. It shouldnât be just boring and fake. It should completely blend into your style and dress up. So even if you are just walking down the street, you walk like itâs your stage.
8. The eighth tip is to be natural. Donât try to hard to imitate someone you just admire or find attractive.
They might look good in some poise and you might not. So itâs very important that you find your own style. What makes you different from everybody else is your own life. It's your story because you are unique and there's nobody else out there like you.